header image
Home arrow Appeals and Campaigns arrow Response to "Disappearing Palestine" ad
Response to "Disappearing Palestine" ad PDF Print E-mail
Aug 30, 2013 at 03:31 PM

The "Disappearing Palestine" ad campaign on Translink, Metro Vancouver's public transit system, which started August 27th, 2013, has triggered a storm of responses, positive and negative. Here are a few examples.

Announcements of the opening of the campaign:

Even before the ads became public, Zionist organizations reacted with outrage, attempts to shut the campaign down, and threats of legal action. Translink responded with a summary of their advertising policy.

Most of the news media coverage has focused on the Zionist response to the campaign rather than the actual content of the ads. Fortunately, most articles have also featured a prominent illustration of the ad image, helping to spread the information far wider than the audience of the ad campaign itself. 

Media opinion pieces displayed an interesting range of responses:
<Previous   Next>
Gaza's Ark organizers remain determined after attack
Gaza's Ark was badly damaged and partially sunk by a large explosion  at about 3:45 AM Gaza time on April 29th. No-one was injured. Mustafa Abu Awad, the guard who was on duty at the time, was taken to the hospital for tests and he has now been discharged.

The Ark was in the port of Gaza being readied to put to sea in June. Whether and when the boat can be repaired is something we will not know for sure until it can be pulled out of the water for inspection.

Awad said he had been warned to leave the area by an anonymous caller. "I was [sleeping] near the boat and someone phoned me -- an unidentified caller. I answered and he told me: 'Mustafa, leave the boat right now because we are going to blow it up.'"
Read more...
Who's Online
We have 40 guests online